Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Crazy Sexy Juice Reboot, Day 3!

And I'm done! Today was the last day of my 3-day juice/smoothie/high-raw reboot using Kris Carr's plan from Crazy Sexy Juice. For the past few days, I've been drinking only veggie/fruit juices and smoothies until the afternoon, and then I get a little solid snack and a giant high-raw dinner. My goal was just to get a super-boost of nutrition and get some healthy habits back on track!

This whole plan has been pretty easy to follow, much easier than a straight juice "fast" (I hate that word!). I love chewing, and I'm a huge fan of smoothies because they allow me to take in a lot of fiber and fat. Am I glad it's over? I'd be lying if I didn't say yes. But only because I'm super-excited to bring bread back into my life! And chewing all day! I actually don't miss sweets or fried stuff yet. I'm really hoping to find that healthy balance of indulgent and super-healthy that makes me the most happy.

Anyway, here's what I drank today!

I don't run on Wednesdays, so I woke up and did a quick yoga video from Yoga with Adriene while I sipped on my first juice — Pucker Up (grapefruit, orange, lemon, turmeric, and ginger). After my shower, I had my breakfast of a Peachy Green Smoothie (banana, peaches, raw cashew-hemp milk, flax seed, and chard). Morning snack was a Garden in a Glass juice (a savory blend of carrots, beet, celery, cucumber, parsley, broccoli stem, romaine, lemon, and ginger). My garden juice looks like poop water, I know, but that's because I used yellow beets instead of red. Oh well. Whole Foods was out of red beets!


Lunch was my very favorite smoothie on this plan — the Body Builder! It had peanut butter, banana, raw almond milk, spinach, and hemp seeds. I love anything with peanut butter AND it kept me full for hours. Definitely the hardiest smoothie on this plan. And finally, my afternoon snack juice was the Fatigue Fighter (grapes, pear, spinach, romaine, celery, and lime). Pears are loaded with B2, which helps with energy production, so this was great for the afternoon slump.

Today's plan also called for a solid food snack from Kris Carr's list of recommended snacks in the book. I chose the almond and apricots snack since I had some of this Spiced, Sprouted Almond & Mulberry Trail Mix and a few Dried Apricots in my pantry. I snacked on this while I ran an after-work errand. Then I went to hoop yoga (we do yoga with hula hoops!) at 6 p.m. I wasn't sure if I'd be full enough to go to yoga before dinner, and I was super worried about getting hangry in the middle of class. But I made it through okay! I was dreaming about dinner all through savasana though.


But immediately after yoga, it was dinner time! Thankfully, I live just a block away from the studio. Man, I was so excited for this dinner. Raw Zucchini Noodles with Cashew Cheese, Raw Marinara, Herbed Lentils, and Steamed Veggies.



I've always been a zoodle fan, and top those with cashew cheese and cooked lentils, and I'm a happy lady. This hit the spot and felt like the perfect celebratory meal for the last day of my reboot. For the veggies, I steamed brussels, broccoli, and cauliflower.

Since my dinner was kind of late (7:30), I was still really full when it was time for my "dessert," but that didn't stop me from enjoying this warm cup of Cashew Chai Milk — made with soaked, raw cashews, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cardamom. Mmmmm.


And that's it! Believe it or not, I'm planning to start off tomorrow with yet another smoothie (even though I don't have to)! I'm doing Kris Carr's #greendrinkaday challenge, so I've pledged to have green juices or smoothies at least once a day for 10 days. But I'll definitely be adding back in some non-raw, non-juice foods too! Looking forward to some pasta and tempeh tomorrow!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Everything looks delicious once again. I didn't know that pears were full of B2, I love using pears in green juice I think they add a very nice sweetness. You've definitely inspired me to get into juicing again. Especially veggies like beets which I never ever eat but I know are so so good for you.

Sarah said...

This reboot went so quickly! Everything looks beautiful, fresh and vibrant. That chai milk sounds amazing!!

House Vegan said...

You just make reboots look delicious! I'm all of the sudden craving a smoothie. Who even craves smoothies?? (vegans haha)

Barb said...

This all looks great, but I'm not sure I could do do even 3 days. As soon as I know there's something I "can't" have, I start craving it like mad! I'm a crazy person ;)

Unknown said...

Logistical question here- did you make and bring the morning juice, lunch smoothie and afternoon juice to work? I'm trying to figure out how i can bring smoothies and juice to work for lunch/snack! Maybe i should use an insulated bottle for the smoothie so it stays super cold til lunch.... the smoothie today sounds totally perfect to bring with me and stay satisfied and energized!
Ttrockwood