Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Come See Me at Nashville VegFest! Plus a Wunderbar Announcement!

I'm so stoked to have been invited to demo at the second annual Nashville VegFest this weekend! I know many Vegan Crunk readers live nowhere near Nashville, but if you're in Tennessee, come see me! If you're not local, just scroll down for an announcement (and special offer!) about my new fave bars by Wunderbar.

As for Nashville, I'm so honored to be included on a speaker lineup that also includes Gene Baur of Farm Sanctuary, Victoria Moran of Main Street Vegan, vegan bodybuilder Robert Cheeke, fellow cookbook author/vegan fitness warrior Ellen Jaffe Jones, Gentle Barn founder Ellie Lakes, and so many rad others.


I didn't make it to their inaugural festival last year (Nashville is about 3 1/2 hours away from Memphis), but I heard it was a great success. And this one looks to be even bigger and better. There are so many local and regional food vendors and retail vendors lined up (full list here). Plus, there are yoga classes all day Saturday and Sunday! I'll be spending most of my days at the Book Publishing Company table signing books, but I hope to sneak into a few talks and check out the vendors. The festival runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, April 8th and 9th at the Nashville Fairgrounds. Tickets are $10 for a day, and you can find more info here. Of course, I'll be taking lots of pics, and I'll share them all when I return!

I'll be demo-ing three recipes from Cookin' Crunk, and I always practice a few days before the event (even though I've made these same recipes a million times). I made this BBQ Tempeh & Carrot Sandwich for lunch yesterday since I'll be showing and sampling both the BBQ and slaw recipes. I'll also be making some Tofu Eggless Olive Salad.


There's also a Gentle Barn animal sanctuary fund-raiser in Arrington, just outside Nashville, on Friday night. Gentle Barn turkey Adeline will make an appearance, and there's a gourmet vegan dinner, cocktails, and live music. I'll be there as well!

Finally, I wanted to let y'all know about a Kickstarter for Wunderbar. I blogged about these awesome fruit and nut bars a couple weeks back. They're lovingly handmade by Jen Liang using farm-fresh, real food ingredients, and they're totally free of additives. And they're hands-down the best bars I've had. Also, they're gorgeous. Would you just look these? I mean, just look at them!

From Wunderbar

Anyway, Jen just launched her Kickstarter campaign to fund her use of a commercial kitchen space to grow her business. She currently sells the bars on her website, but she's in talks with a few retailers and needs to use the kitchen more often, and that costs more money. If you back the campaign at $15 or more, you'll get a box of Wunderbars as a reward (how many depends on the amount you pledge). AND, as a BONUS for awesome Vegan Crunk readers, Jen is offering 2 bonus free bars added on to your reward if you message Jen on Kickstarter and mention Vegan Crunk!

4 comments:

Jen Liang said...

You'd be great at the VegFest!! :)

Hillary said...

I so wish I lived somewhat nearby, I would love to hear you speak and watch your demo! You will be amazing!!! And you get to meet Gene Baur, amazing!!!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you and your demo! I wish I was closer so I could go see you. Maybe some day! Have an amazing time, you'll be amazing!

Eric said...

I will be there and plan to see you speak on Saturday morning!