Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June Goddess Box Unpacking!

I typically review my monthly Goddess Provisions subscription boxes a couple days after they arrive, but life has been crazy and busy lately. So I've put this post off for a few weeks. If you're not familiar, Goddess Provisions is a monthly subscription box company run by the same lovely folks who run Vegan Cuts. The monthly goddess box features crystals, teas, chocolates, bath products, essential oils, and more. And they're usually all full-sized items!

I've been a subscriber since the company launched last October (and I'm also an ambassador for the company, so click here if you want a box of your own and I'll make a buck or two). Anyway, this month's box was themed "Dream Time," and it was filled with stuff to help you sleep or to use on your skin and teeth before bedtime.


There's Anima Mundi Herbals lucid dreaming tea and dream elixir, The Ritual Store face mask, Essence of Vali sleep essential oil roll-on, Smart Ash activated charcoal tooth whitener, and a spirit quartz.

I was most excited about the tea and sleep elixir. I actually sleep really well every night. I'm the type who falls asleep the minute my head hits the pillow and can sleep through a tornado. But this herbal tea (made from passionflower, skullcap, kava kava, rose, stevia, and other herbs) and sleep tincture/third eye tonic (made with ashwagandha, ginger, kalia, rose, and other herbs) are said to not only help with getting to sleep but also with dream recall. I've made the tea and spiked it with the elixir several times since I got this kit in early June, and I swear I've been recalling my dreams better. It may be the placebo effect of thinking about recalling my dreams before I drift off to sleep, but regardless, it's either directly or indirectly working. And it's delicious! The gentle herbal tea flavor really gets me in the mood to drift off. 


The spirit quartz is just gorgeous — like a quartz crystal covered in tiny quartz points! Spirit quartz is known as the stone of harmony and alignment.


I didn't take any pictures of the Essence of Vali Sleep oil roll-on, but I did take it to Bonnaroo to help me sleep in the tent. Despite my usual ability to drift off quickly at home, I do still struggle with sleeping well in a tent, especially at a loud festival where the music goes on until 4 a.m. But this stuff smells like a soft pillow, thanks to lavender, cedarwood, marjoram, and ylang ylang. It helped!

At home, I've been using the Ritual Store's Moon Dust mask once a week. It's made with crushed crystals!! Selenite to be precise, which means this mask can you tap into your intuitive powers. The mask comes in powder form, and you mix it with water before applying to your face. And then you let it dry. It makes my face feel all firm and concrete before I wash it off.


And finally, I've been using the Smart Ash activated charcoal tooth whitener at night before bed. It's a black powder (coconut shell charcoal and Bentonite clay) that you dip your wet toothbrush into, and then you brush with it for two full minutes. It's supposed to remove toxins and make your teeth whiter. Mine are pretty stained from years of coffee, but I've been using this in hopes that it'll make a difference. I'm totally against those tooth bleaching systems because they freak me out with all those chemicals. Hoping this natural method will work! It is pretty messy though. They recommend using it in the shower, but I've been using it in the sink, and I get black stuff all over the sink. Luckily, it wipes up easily.


And that's it! It's actually about my bedtime now. I think I'll go put on my face mask and whiten my teeth and hit the sack.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG that quartz is gorgeous!!! I love crystals so much and that is a particularly gorgeous one! I'm really interested to hear about how the teeth whitening treatment works! Did you notice any immediate effects or any improvement after long term? I'd love to hear an update because I'm looking for a whitener that is natural and doesn't cause sensitivity like baking soda does.

Jennifer said...

I am not a huge crystal person but I do love seeing which ones you get in these boxes.